2009 Gary Fisher Kaitai
Released January, 2009
The Pros:Equipped with mechanical disc brakes. Front suspension with adjustable lock-out. Extremely versatile from the trail to the city.
The Cons:Grips and seat are unforgiving for commuting.
The Kaitai is a 24 speed hybrd mountain/road bike by Gary Fisher. As a part of the 'Dualsport' series of bicycles which feature a Genesis Gold-Series Aluminum frame, fender and rack mounting without special hardware, and mechanical disc brakes with routing that supports hydralic brakelines.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The Kaitai was created by Gary Fisher Bicycles and has been in production since the mid nineties, with minor detail and paint changes year to year up until 2010, when it is to be re-introduced by Trek as a part of their Gary Fisher Collection.
- Sizes: 15.5, 17.5, 19, 21"
- Frame: Gold Series Aluminum
- Color: Metallic Charcoal
- Front Suspension: SR Suntour NCX-D, adjustable w/lockout, 63mm travel
- Wheels: Shimano RM65 disc hubs, Bontrager Ranger disc rims
- Tires:WTB Interwolf 700x38c, 27 TPI
- Shifters: Shimano EF50, 8-speed trigger
- Front Derailleur: Shimano C102
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Crank: Shimano FC-M361 48/38/28
- Cassette: SRAM PG-820 11-32T, 8 speed
- Saddle: Bontrager Race Lux Basic
- Seat Post: Bontrager SSR
- Handlebars: Bontrager Low Riser, 25mm rise
- Stem: Bontrager Approved, 15 d
- Headset: Aheadset, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings, sealed
- Brakeset: Shimano M415, mechanical disc, Shimano EF50 levers
User Reviews (3)
Equipped with mechanical disc brakes
Front suspension with adjustable lock-out
Extremely versatile from the trail to the city
29r frame with ample clearance for 2" tires
Equipped with accessory mounts
Frame is reasonably light
excellent fit and build quality
Grips and seat are unforgiving for commuting
You may also like...