Cannondale CAAD9 4 (Race Red)
Released January, 2010
The Cannondale CAAD9 4 is a road bike designed for powerful riding. The CAAD9 4 is an Elite frame from Cannondale's road line. CAAD9, "Cannondale Advanced Aluminum Design", comes from Cannondale's 25 years experience of aluminum design and beats carbon frames.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Like any other aluminum frame, it's extremely stiff and allows for very quick power transfer. The CAAD9 4 is very close to having that elusive balance that makes a race bike both expendable and valuable at the same time. There are a lot of very nice and very expensive bikes out there that will outperform the CAAD9, the Cannondale's SuperSix for example, but the CAAD9 4 will perform admirably with no great financial loss if it ever becomes scrap once it crosses the finish line. With the CAAD9 4 sprinting, climbing, and corning is very solid, and the Premium carbon fork dampens the harshness of the road beneath you. The CAAD 9 4 comes with the Hollowgram Si SL crankset, which with the BB30 frame makes the CAAD9 4 very light. It also features Pro-Tour geometry designed for worldwide races. The CAAD9 4 has a top tube with a larger diameter at the head tube, and a down tube and seat tube that enlarged as they reached the bottom bracket. It is solid, well balanced and predictable. The CAAD9 4 comes in jet black (matte) and race red with white and black accents.
- Frame: CAAD9 BB30, taper butted, Optimo Alloy
- Fork: Slice Premium, monocoque full carbon
- SRAM Rival rear derailleur and shifters
- Control Tech ONE, 31.8 handlebars
- Saddle: Prologo Kappa Pas, Pro T.20 Rails
- Seat Post: Cannondale C2 Carbon, 27.2
- Tires: Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 700 x 23c, foldable
- Brakeset: Tektro R580 w/cartridge pads
- Sizes: 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, 63 cm
User Reviews (0)
You may also like...