Giant Defy Advanced 3 (Triple Chainset)
Released January, 2009
Giant's Defy Advanced 3 is a road bike with Advanced-Grade Composite frame and a Shimano Ultegra rear derailleur. The new Defy is part of Giant's re-energized 2009 road line. The compact FSA crankset makes quick work of the hills.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The advanced-grade composite ensures precise frame alignment. The endurance position geometry helps riders to go further without tiring. The Giant Defy Advanced 3 sports mainly 10-speed Shimano Ultegra components with a Dura-Ace rear derailleur. The aero sculpted main tubes and the new Vector aero seatpost add to the comfort of this product. In fact, the Defy Advanced 3 has many recent design trends, not yet common in other road bikes. In the bottom bracket area, Giant has used integrated bearings, instead of the current threaded external cup design. The increased stiffness is brought about by the extra buttressing of an even wider bottom bracket shell. The taller head tube provides comfortable riding and limits back strain on long hauls. The Defy Advanced 3 comes in Team Blue/Silver/Composite.
- Frame and fork: Advanced-Grade Composite
- 10-speed Shimano 105 shifting
- Ultegra rear derailleur
- Crank Brothers Smarty pedals
- Mavic CXP22 rims
- Formula sealed hubs/SAPIM race spokes, wheelset
- FSA Gossamer MegaExo, 34/50
- Handlebar/Stem: Race Face Ride
- Seatpost: Vector Composite Seatpost
- Brakes: Tektro R530 Dual Pivot
- Tires: Michelin Speedium 2, 700x25 Folding
User Reviews (0)
You may also like...