Giant TCR Advanced SL 1
Released January, 2009
The Pros:Light and stiff, but not uncomfortable. Very stable and confidence inspiring on decents. Gets up to speed faster and in spite of not looking very aero, holds speed well.
The Cons:The integrated seat post clamp needs to be checked for edges before installing or you could damage the paint. No place to hide on this bike, people who know bikes will expect you to make it go.
The Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 is a lightweight and stiff competitive road bicycle featuring advanced SL-grade, hand-crafted construction and benchmark features. It is the third model in the TCR Advanced SL series and an immediate step-up from the Advanced SL 2.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It features a colorful SRAM Red component group with a Fi’zi:k Arione CX composite-rail saddle. Included also is a Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL wheelset. Note also the oversized PowerCore bottom bracket/chain-stay area and an oversized OverDrive headtube/steerer that work together for stiffer and faster platform. The SL 1 is built for both casual riding AND serious, professional-level racing from the Spring Classics to the Tour de France. All of the components have been specially designed with the handling, weight, stiffness, and layout all optimized for winning.
- Competitive Road Bicycle
- Hand-Crafted Construction
- SRAM Red Component Group
- Fi’zi:k Arione CX Saddle
- Mavic Cosmic Wheelset
- Efficient Handling
- Optimized Layout
- Size: XS,S,M,M/L,L,XL
- Color: Composite/White
- Frame: Advanced SL-Grade Composite, Integrated Seatpost
- Fork: Advanced SL-Grade Composite, Full Composite OverDrive Steerer
- Handlebar: Giant Contact SLR, Composite, 31.8
- Stem: Giant Contact SLR, Composite
- Seatpost: Advanced SL-Grade Composite, Integrated Design
- Saddle: Fi'zi:k Arione CX w/ Braided Composite rails
- Pedals: Not Included
- Shifters: SRAM Red
- Front derailleur: SRAM Red
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Red
- Brakes: SRAM Red
- Brake levers: SRAM Red
- Cassette: SRAM RED 1090 11x25, 10-speed
- Chain: SRAM PC 1090
- Cranks: SRAM RED, 39/53
- Bb: SRAM GXP, Internal Press Fit
- Rims: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL, Clincher
- Hubs: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL
- Spokes: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL
- Tires: Michelin Pro Race3, 700x23, Folding
- Extras: 2 ISP clamps provided : Regular 20mm & XL 45mm
User Reviews (1)
Light and stiff, but not uncomfortable.
Very stable and confidence inspiring on decents.
Gets up to speed faster and in spite of not looking very aero, holds speed well.
The Giant handlebars and stem have a very good feel and bend and keep the front end of the bike stable.
The integrated seat post clamp needs to be checked for edges before installing or you could damage the paint.
No place to hide on this bike, people who know bikes will expect you to make it go.
You may also like...