Released January, 2009
The Pros:Good budget bike with hydroformed frame. RockShox Dart 1, 100mm fork. Shimano Alvio Rapidfire shifters/Acera and Deore front/rear derailleurs.
The Cons:Seat is too hard.
The Yukon is an entry level off-road sport bike from Giant that comes with a lightweight ALUXX-Grade aluminum frame and is available in six sizes in either brushed/blue or brushed/orange. This a good starter bike for the beginning enthusiast wishing for pro-level features or anyone wanting to do casual trail/terrain riding.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The most important element is the frame which has been made with hydroforming technology which allows for a more aerodynamic shape as seen in higher priced bikes. Newer models have also switched to a RockShox Dart 1 fork from the original Suntour XCM which has improved the front end although still heavy compared to more expensive forks. Shimano Alivio Rapidfire shifters are included as well as Shimano Acera front and Deore rear derailleurs. Other Giant parts include XC Alloy rims, formula disc hub and wheelset.
- Size: 14(XS),16(S),18(M),20(L),22(XL),24(2XL)
- Color: Brushed/Blue or Brushed/Orange
- Frame: ALUXX-Grade Butted Aluminum
- Fork: RockShox Dart 1, 100mm
- Handlebar: Alloy 31.8mm, High Rise
- Stem: Alloy
- Seatpost: Alloy 350x30.9mm
- Saddle: Giant Sport MTB
- Pedals: Alloy Platform
- Shifters: Shimano Alivio Rapidfire
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Acera
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Brakes: AVID BB5 Disc
- Brake Levers: Tektro Alloy, 2-Finger
- Cassette: SRAM PG830 11-32, 8-speed
- Chain: KMC Z72
- Cranks: TruVative ISO Flow 3.0, 22/32/42
- BB: Cartridge
- Rims: WTB Dual Duty, Double Wall
- Hubs: Formula 32H Disc
- Spokes: Stainless Steel
- Tires: Kenda Nevegal 26 x 2.1
User Reviews (6)
Good budget bike with hydroformed frame
RockShox Dart 1, 100mm fork
Shimano Alvio Rapidfire shifters/Acera and Deore front/rear derailleurs
You may also like...