Jamis Dakar XCT 3 (2011)
Released May, 2011
The Pros:Total frame weight is only 1950 grams. Rock Shox Monarch RT suspension/Rock Shox Sektor RL fork with Motion Control damping.
The 2011 Dakar XCT 3 is second to the top of the line Dakar XCT 4 full suspension trail bike from Jamis. It has the same ultra lightweight high modulus carbon frame as that model weighing just 1950 grams including paint and decals, as well as the same Geax Gato 2.3” front and AKA 2.2” rear folding tires.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It also shares the same FSA Orbit headset and has a total weight of 27.50 pounds, just 1 1/4 pounds heavier than the XCT 4. Aside from these commonalities the XCT 4 has upgraded components and a Pearl White/Carbon color frame compared to the Chromium/Carbon frame on the XCT 3. Rock Shox Monarch RT rear suspension provides a fully active 130mm of travel and uses a Floodgate dial to control pedaling efficiency, while it's Solo Air spring system with single Schrader air valve simultaneously fills both the positive and negative air chambers, simplifying suspension setup and retaining a lightweight and smooth ride. Sektor RL fork also from Rock Shox delivers 100 - 140mm of on the fly adjustable travel, 32mm stanchions and Motion Control damping with an external rebound adjuster. All of Jamis 2011 trail bike frames have been upgraded with a 1-1/8" – 1.5" tapered head tube for steering precision and lighter frame. Avid Elixer 3 hydraulic disc brakes can also be found on the Dakar XCT 2.
- Full high modulus carbon main frame, stays and bell crank, Dyad XC Ultra lay-up, 130mm travel mp4 linkage design, SST size-specific tube diameters, tapered head tube, asymmetrical chainstays, stainless steel chainstay protector, cartridge bearing pivots, Rock Shox Monarch RT with 10mm hardware, replaceable derailleur hanger
- Rock Shox Sektor RL with Motion Control damping, external rebound damping, 32mm stanchions, 15mm thru-axle, tapered alloy steerer, 140mm travel
- FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero-Stack internal cup, for tapered head tube, 30mm shim stack
- WTB Laser Disc Trail wheeleset with Laser Disc Lite sealed cartridge 15mm thru axle front and 12 x 135mm thru axle rear disc hubs, Maxle Lite rear axle, WTB butted spokes
- Geax Gato 2.3” front and AKA 2.2” rear, folding
- Shimano SLX M663 Shadow rear and SLX M661 34.9mm top pull front
- Shimano SLX M660 Rapidfire Plus SL, 10-speed
- Shimano HG81, 11-34, 10-speed
- Shimano SLX M660 Hollowtech II, 42/32/24, 170mm (15), 175mm (17-21)
- Avid Elixir 3 hydraulic disc brakes with 185mm front & 160mm rear rotors
- Ritchey Comp Rizer, 31.8 x 20mm rise x 670mm
- Ritchey Comp 4-Axis, 6º x 90mm (15”), 100mm (17-19”), 120mm (21”)
- Jamis Lock-On, dual density
- Ritchey Comp 2B OS, 31.6 x 400mm, with alloy clamp & cromo seatpin
- WTB Vigo Race, chromoly rails
User Reviews (2)
Total frame weight is only 1950 grams
Rock Shox Monarch RT suspension/Rock Shox Sektor RL fork with Motion Control damping
You may also like...