Released January, 2009
The Pros:Shimano 105 drivetrain and crank. Alpha Black Aluminum hydroformed frame. Bontrager Race wheels and tires.
The Cons:No WSD version.
The Trek 2.3 is the next step up from the 2.1, maintaining the same frame composition and similar geometry but with an upgraded drivetrain. Other updates include Bontrager Race wheels and Race Blade handlebars, and a switch from Shimano Tiagra to Shimano 105 breaks.
The crank has been changed to a Shimano 105 from the R-600, but other Shimano components are the same including the shifters, derailleurs and cassette. The grade of metal used for the frame is part what sets each series apart and this one uses the middle grade Alpha Black Aluminum which has been hydroformed for some aerodynamics. The SpeedTrap compatible fork has a port that will accept special wireless transmitters(sold separately) that can send speed, cadence and distance data to any ANT+ capable device such as a GPS receiver. WSD version is only available with the 2.1.
- Sizes: 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, 62, 64cm
- Frame: Alpha Black Aluminum
- Fork: Bontrager Race, carbon; SpeedTrap compatible
- Wheels: Bontrager Race
- Tires: Bontrager Race AW, 700x23c
- Shifters: Shimano 105 STI, 10 speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Crank: Shimano 105 50/34 or 50/39/30
- Cassette: Shimano 105 12-27, 10 speed
- Pedals: n/a
- Saddle: Bontrager R1
- Seat: Bontrager Carbon
- Handlebars: Bontrager Race Blade VR, 31.8mm
- Stem: Bontrager Race Lite, 7 degree, 31.8mm
- Headset: Aheadset w/semi-cartridge bearings, integrated, sealed, alloy
- Brakeset: Shimano 105 w/Shimano 105 STI levers
User Reviews (3)
Shimano 105 drivetrain and crank
Alpha Black Aluminum hydroformed frame
Bontrager Race wheels and tires
You may also like...