Trek District Carbon
Released January, 2009
The Pros:Ninja quiet ride. Belt driven. Singlespeed.
The Cons:High price. Only singlespeed.
The Trek District Carbon is the top model in Trek's District series of urban bikes designed to look as good as they are to ride. The entire District line features a singlespeed drivetrain for a simple and efficient ride at high speeds.
The Trek District uses a belt-drive system rather than typical bike chain eliminating the frustrations associated with chains such as lubrication and chain jams. The belt in made from a carbon fiber composite which prevents stretching and its lightweight design gives a ninja-quiet ride. It uses race quality several parts from Bontrage such as the road drop handle bars, saddle and All Weather Race tires. As the name suggests, the Trek District Carbon features a lighter and stronger OCLV Black Carbon frame which comes in sizes from 50 to 60cm in a Matte Black Finish.
- Sizes: 50, 54, 56, 58, 60cm
- Frame: OCLV Black Carbon (Pro geometry)
- Fork: Bontrager Race Lite, carbon w/E2 aluminum steerer, SpeedTrap compatible
- Wheels: Bontrager Race Lite Aero
- Tires: Bontrager Race, All Weather, 700x23c
- Shifters: n/a
- Front Derailleur: n/a
- Rear Derailleur: n/a
- Crank: FSA Energy, 55T Carbon Drive belt sprocket
- Cassette: Carbon Drive 22T alloy belt sprocket
- Pedals: VP Track, alloy body/cage
- Saddle: Bontrager Race
- Seat Post: Carbon seatmast cap
- Handlebars: Bontrager Race VR, 31.8mm
- Stem: Bontrager Race X Lite, 7 degree, 31.8mm
- Headset: Cane Creek IS-2 Integrated w/cartridge bearings, sealed, alloy, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brakeset: Bontrager Speed Limit w/Tektro road levers
User Reviews (3)
You may also like...