Trek XO 2
Released January, 2009
The Pros:Lightweight for the size. Stylish. Good mud clearance for use off-road.
The Cons:Expensive for the non-serious rider. Jack of all trades, master of none.
The Trek XO 2 is the top model in Trek's XO Series of cyclocross racing bikes. The entire XO series features a lighter, more efficient Alpha Black Aluminum frame, an improved racing fit and massive mud clearance.
The Trek XO 2 features a 10-speed high perfrmance SRAM Rival drive train including shifters, front and rear derailleurs,crank and cassette. It features a Bontrager Satelite Plus Cyclecross fort with carbon legs for clearance, strength and lightweight. Other high performace parts from Bontrager are used such as the tires, saddle, seat post, handlebars and stem. The Trek XO 2 also features a 3rd Eye chain watcher and is available in sizes varying from 50 - 62 cm.
- Sizes: 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, 62cm
- Frame: Alpha Black Aluminum
- Fork: Bontrager Satellite Plus Cyclocross w/carbon legs
- Wheels: Bontrager Race X Lite, Paired Spoke
- Tires: Bontrager Jones CXR, 700x35c
- Shifters: SRAM Rival, 10 speed
- Front Derailleur: SRAM Rival
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Rival
- Crank: SRAM Rival OCT CX 46/38
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1070 11-28, 10 speed
- Pedals: n/a
- Saddle: Bontrager inForm Race Lite
- Seat Post: Bontrager Race X Lite ACC
- Handlebars: Bontrager Race Lite VR, 31.8mm
- Stem: Bontrager Race X Lite, 7 degree, 31.8mm
- Headset: Aheadset w/cartridge bearings, integrated, sealed, alloy
- Brakeset: Avid Shorty 6 cantilevers w/SRAM Rival levers
- Extras: 3rd Eye chain watcher
User Reviews (3)
good mud clearance for use off-road
Solid, predictable handling
Great wheels (very light and rugged)
ideal for everyday city use
expensive for the non-serious rider
jack of all trades, master of none
You may also like...